Version: 3.12.0 (latest)
To achive better tracking and detection results with Face SDK, please follow the recommendations below:
- Requirements for lighting in the recognition zone:
- illuminance level in the recognition area should be at least 200 Lux (only when the camera is located at a distance of no more than 3 m from a face), the optimal value is from 300 to 500 Lux
- avoid back light whenever possible
- light should be diffused. Avoid harsh shadows on a face
- The camera should observe the face in a horizontal plane at an angle from 0 to 30 degrees, the optimum angle is from 0 to 15 degrees.
- The camera should observe the face in a vertical plane at an angle from 0 to 20 degrees, the optimum angle is from 0 to 15 degrees.
- It is recommended to place the camera at the face level.
We recommend to use Axis P1365MK ii or P1367 (for longer distances).
General recommendations for cameras are:
- 1080p (Full HD) resolution.
- Frame rate of at least 10 FPS.
- Suitable resolution and lens: the distance between the eyes of a face in the frame should be at least 30 pixels in the far field (for example, at the entrance) and at least 50 pixels in the near field (when a person already passes by the camera and leaves the frame).
- Function of adjusting the exposure and shutter speed to prevent blurry frames of people passing by.
- If a camera supports WDR, Backlight compensation, Highlight compensation, it is recommended to turn these functions off, otherwise the image can be blurry.