To achive better tracking and detection results with Face SDK, please follow the recommendations below:
- Requirements for lighting in the recognition area:
- Illuminance level in the recognition area should be at least 200 Lux (only when the camera is located at a distance of no more than 3 m from a face). The optimal value is from 300 to 500 Lux.
- Avoid back light whenever possible.
- Light should be diffused. Avoid harsh shadows on faces.
- The camera should observe the face in a horizontal plane at an angle from 0 to 30 degrees, the optimum angle is from 0 to 15 degrees.
- The camera should observe the face in a vertical plane at an angle from 0 to 20 degrees, the optimum angle is from 0 to 15 degrees.
- It is recommended to place the camera at the face level.
We recommend to use Axis P1365MK ii or P1367 (for longer distances).
General recommendations for cameras are:
- 1080p (Full HD) resolution.
- Frame rate of at least 10 FPS.
- Suitable resolution and lens: the distance between the eyes in the frame should be at least 30 pixels in the far field (for example, at the entrance) and at least 50 pixels in the near field (when a person has already passed by the camera and left the frame).
- Function of adjusting the exposure and shutter speed to prevent blurry frames of people passing by.
- If a camera supports WDR, Backlight compensation, Highlight compensation, it is recommended to turn these functions off, otherwise, the image can be blurry.